Mohawk Madness 2010




I first started noticing this trend years ago on male party goers all over Southern California. And then this hair craze become popular among kids of younger hip parents (one of the cutest kid’s cuts I’ve ever seen). Now I’m seeing females rockin’ this look such as Rihanna and Pink did during the Grammy Awards. An ultra trendy hairstyle on the streets and on celebs, this punk rock mohawk look is the new LA look for the rebellious.

A mohawk is a statement hairstyle that became popular in the early 1980’s among the punk subculture. The sides of the hair are shaved or cut extremely short in length, and the center strip of the hair is exaggerated and longer. The center hair piece is styled accordingly, and has been styled with many variations to give it a more feminine and fashionable look. I think this look exemplifies a tough girl look, and can be balanced out with feminine wardrobe pieces giving a more mainstream appearance. If I had the right face structure and the guts to do it… I would! I commend these strong songstresses on their gutsy new do